Monday, March 14, 2005

Office Supplies



ThinkGeek is offering the famed Red Springline Stapler from Office Space.

I was at FalStaff less than a week before I got my stapler (not a Springline or even a Boston, alas). But I'm told that way back when the company refused to furnish a stapler in every cubicle. Instead they had a community stapler that we'd go to whenever we needed one. The problem is that we deal with a lot of reports. Database generated reports is actually what this department does! So in addition to getting up to use the printer every five minutes, we'd have to get up again to use the stapler (not everything in a packet we staple together comes from the printer).

Management finally caved and bought the department staplers and rulers (another product they were stingy on, despite having to measure whitespace for legal requirements in some states and counties throughout the country). And so that is marked as one of the rare occasions where the department scored some sort of victory in the office supplies battles.

But today I feel a sense of sadness. If they didn't supply us rulers I was going to go ahead and by myself one.

Now I realize I could have gotten a red springline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home