Friday, March 11, 2005

Payday

FalStaff is not good about getting our checks to us in a timely manner. They decline to do direct deposit so that they collect the interest of that extra week lag-time between the end of a pay week and paycheck day. They've also taken to moving the time we get the checks further and further back because Dudley Fallon (the company's president's father and moneyman behind the operation) is too pusy to sign his name 150 times.

This honestly doesn't bother me much. I don't live hand-to-mouth so I'm one of the few people not stalling lunch so that I can cash my check over it. (There's actually more to this story, but it'll wait for another time.)

But rather than admit that the Mr. Fallon has better things to do than make sure we're paid in a timely manner, they've announced today that they're no longer issuing checks prior to 5pm "to make sure employees don't leave early."

If employees leaving early is a problem, it needs to be addressed. I haven't noticed it (in fact, few leave before 5:30). If management goofed and just didn't have time to sign it all, then tell us and life will move on.

But it's more than a little agitating to cover for for management by treating us like a bunch of children with a little carrot to get us to do what we are supposed to do anyway and, to the best of my knowledge, have been doing.

It makes me want to leave before 5pm and get my check Monday just to be petty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home