Thursday, March 10, 2005

Monster.com Day

The Monster.com Days started a few jobs back when I was working for a manufacturing company called Wildcatter. The Wildcatter job was probably my best, but since I was the sole IT person and what we did month to month depended on whatever contract the company got it was very erratic and stressful at times. On top of this, my boss, while a good man, was an utter crackpot eccentric inventor that was not very skilled in the area of interpersonal communication.

No matter how good a job, there are days that are insufferable. On really tough days I would get so angry that I would spend the whole drive home figuring out how I was going to brush up my resume and log on to the day's namesake, Monster.com, and look for work.

I would usually be a little cooled down by the time I got home, but I'd made the promise to myself 50,000 on the drive home. So I'd log on to Monster, send out my resume to the jobs that I was least likely to get, declare victory, then go to bed.

Today was a Monster.com Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home