Thursday, April 14, 2005

Resume Question

When applying for a job within the company that you work for, do you:
(a) Put your current position with the company on the resume, thereby revealing that you have an updated resume and are looking to Get The Hell Out of your current job.
(b) Leave your current job off the resume, looking like your resume ended over a year ago.

Let's say for the sake of argument,
(1) You have an updated resume.
(2) You really are looking to Get The Hell Out of your current job, and
(3) You'd just as soon your employer not know about #2.

3 Comments:

Blogger trumwill said...

That's one thing I'm thankfully not worried about. My boss is the one who is encouraging me to apply. I just don't want them to know that I want out of the company altogether. I decided to give them an updated resume, but give it a day so that I "had time to update it."

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was about to say - update the resume. Glad you went ahead and did it anyway.

GOOD LUCK!

MALA
malaland.typepad.com

8:57 PM  
Blogger trumwill said...

Mala,

Thanks for the input. I sent everything off today!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home