Saturday, April 02, 2005

Meeting Notes 4

Before the meeting...

Willard: Hey Will, are you okay? You're not looking good.

Will: I feel every bit how I look.

At the meeting...

Willard: The subject of today's meeting is attendance. Word from on high is that too many people are missing days and taking the paycut instead of taking vacation days. Then they take the vacation days and miss more time. You were hired under the assumption that blah blah blah costing the company money blah blah blah benefits blah blah blah if you miss too many days you could lose benefits or be lose your job. Any questions?

Geoff: There are eight people in a 16x12' area. Two of these people are sick a lot and we know it's not there fault.

Willard: I couldn't help but notice the lack of a question mark in your question.

Geoff: Sorry, my question is: Is this a general proclamation pertaining to a specific individual?

Willard: I'm not sure I understand the question. It's not specifically geared towards anyone in this room. It's something that everyone should know.

[Everyone starts looking around the room to determine who isn't present]

Geoff: Is this about Teddy Forbes?

Willard: I can't discuss specific personnel matters at this time.

Geoff: So let's say someone missed - hypothetically - eleven days this year and plans to take the ninth off?

Willard: Eighth off.

Geoff: Ah-hah!

Willard: Uhmmm... ninth is a Saturday, so I assumed you meant the eighth.

Geoff: Good cover.

Willard: Thank you.

Geoff: So anyway, so if someone did miss ten days in three months, it might apply to them?

Willard: Hold on, let me turn the projector on for my computer.

Teddy: [via IM on monitor] I'm going to be out the rest of the week.

After the meeting...

Willard: Hey Will?

Will: [cough cough] Yeah?

Willard: Remember everything I just said at the meeting about attendance?

Will: Yeah?

Willard: It doesn't apply to you right now. Go home!

Will: Thanks!

1 Comments:

Blogger trumwill said...

This is true. Particularly true when you have so many people crammed into such a small place. Plus two perpetually ill workers on top of that.

The company has generally been pretty cool about missed days up until recently. I actually got the feeling that their leniency in that regard has kept a couple of the people that are sick a lot around instead of looking for better jobs.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home