Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Security

FalStaff's new COO hasn't taken up work residence yet, but his ideas are already being seen on every entrance to the building.

I was actually taken aback by the lack of security when I first arrived. My previous two employers were borderline maniacal. But FalStaff is a small company in a town that only appears in small print on maps (if at all). Someone would have to go pretty out of their way to target us for corporate espionage.

But nonetheless they have these lame signs now on every door saying that visitors need to sign in and all convenient doors are now locked. But the biggest joke is that we got an email telling us to "alert" them to any suspicious activity or any people walking around that shouldn't be.

Given the high turnover rate, someone could probably pretend to work here for weeks before anyone had any idea that they weren't actually hired. I see a new face at least once a week. The staff of this company has grown by about 5% a month even discounting turnover.

Not that I care.

I just shudder to think what his Internet policies are going to be. Willard is going to see if we can start getting IM privileges. I think we'll be lucky to still have email privies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home