Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Best Power Outage Ever

We had a power outage today.

I was test-printing a series of documents. Ordinarily I run through the whole list before walking a grueling twenty feet to the printer, but since the power was out I decided to go ahead and collect what had already been printed. Upon reviewing my printouts, it became apparent that I was printing the wrong page. Therefore the power outage saved me time.

My computer has an odd bug on it. For some reason, nothing I download to the Desktop actually goes onto the Desktop. It goes in that folder but is nowhere to be seen. Since I can still access it through Explore, it's no big deal. Kinda annoying. Upon rebooting the computer, the wayward icons flooded by desktop. Therefore the power outage fixed my computer.

My cubicle neighbor Charlie had been working on a document for over an hour. He hadn't saved it. Upon rebooting the computer, it became apparent that he had lost all of that work. Therefore Charlie says if I mention again how this has been the "Best Power Outage Ever" he is going to "kick [my] fat ass."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home