Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Spellcheck Pitty

Spell-check: Woah there, buddy, this thing says "addendums".

Me: I know.

SC: That's not right...

Me: I know. Ignore.

SC: It says "addendums" here, too.

Me: I can't deviate from the original. Even when the original is wrong. Ignore.

SC: You must mean addenda or maybe addendum's?

Me: No, it says addendums.

SC: But it's wrong.

Me: I know.

SC: Fix it. Agendums?

Me: No. Addendums.

SC: What's wrong with you?

Me: They are paying the company to pay me to make our employment contracts match the original. The original says "addendums."

SC: You're not even allowed to fix what you and any semi-literate individual knows?

Me: Nope.

SC: Sounds like your job would be a lot easier without a brain.

Me: Sometimes.

SC: Being a lowly spellcheck, I never thought I would ever say this, but I feel sorry for you.

Me: Your sympathy is greatly appreciated.

SC: How about addends?

Me: Ignore All.

SC: What in tarnation is a "Emploeye"?

Me: Something we can correct.

SC: Thank goodness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home