Monday, April 18, 2005

Hypothetical Application

I just sent off my updated resume and cover letter. Reading over the job description was a bit discouraging. I probably wouldn't have applied if my boss Willard hadn't encouraged me. One of those easy things to talk myself out of.

I'm one of two people in Reports applying, though the choice between me and Edgar is a no-brainer. In fact, his applying might be good cause it'll help Willard draw a distinction between his endorsement of me and his not-so-much endorsement of him.

Willard seems a lot more confident than I am about all this. He's already preparing for the vacancy. Though for reasons I'm not sure, neither of us have actually discussed it since this whole thing started.

Conversations have gone like this:

"If I were to apply for a job in Systems Analysis, who would I write the cover letter to? Hypothetically speaking, of course."

"Theoretically, I would say John Hansen. He's the CIO and while you'd be working for Hilton Wilde, it never hurts to aim high. Hypothetically."

"Well I'm going to theoretically send the email right now."

"I'm sure everything will work out. Figuratively, speaking."

Definitely going to miss those kinds of conversations if I were to get transfered out.

In any case, it would be interesting to see how much a Willard endorsement is worth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home